Friday, March 26, 2010

5 Weeks....

Can you believe that Natalia is 5 weeks old! WOW! The days go by so stinkin fast now that I am constantly doing something. I am still changing a few many diapers, but now they are not just wet, she is not as constipated as she was, so there are more poopy diapers!!!! Only a mother can appreciate this, especially having to watch her in pain for so long. Thank heaven for soy formula.

She is only taking about 3 oz at a time, and I hope soon she will move up to 4. Her tummy is still so tiny, so it can only hold so much. She was 5 lbs 14 oz when she was born and at her month check up she was 7 lbs 14 oz! Almost 8 pounds, but really she is still so tiny.

I had my PP appt the day after my birthday (my first as a mommy) and I got a clean bill of health. My "wound" was undetectable and I got the OK to exercise among other things. :)

Natalia is starting to smile a lot more, and sleeping a tad bit less during the day. At night it really varies on how long she will sleep. She can go either 3, 4, 5, or 7 hours without a bottle, diaper change (imagine that) or waking up in the middle of the night. Dan and I are looking forward to more of the 7 hour nights, but for now we are just thankful she doesn't get up every 2 hours.

We were talking the other night and we had to laugh at the fact that when we first brought Natalia home we were setting an alarm to get up and wake her up to feed her! What in the world were we thinking? New parents. Enough said.

Dan and I are finding more time together at night and it has been great. I miss just the two of us, but I am so thankful to have Natalia in our lives.

Well, I have some laundry that needs attending to, and a kitchen table that is covered with stuff that doesn't belong on it.

Til next time,

Blogger Templates

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment