Monday, February 1, 2010

This Month.....

**Advance warning---there is a lot of "venting" in this post.**
**I feel a millions times better after writing this, thank you for reading and the wonderful comments you will leave** :)

Can you all believe that this month Dan and I will each have a new identity? Mommy and Daddy are such sweet words to my ears. Yes, I am fully aware that she won't be able to say these words for some time, but none then less, we won't just be a son and daughter, brother or sister, friend, husband and wife, nephew or niece (you get the picture) we will be a mom and dad as well.

How am I feeling right now you ask? I have so many emotions going through me right now that when Dan left to head back to work after lunch I just started crying. Why? Who knows! I get spoiled by the weekends that is for sure. I enjoy our one on one time so much and cherish our time together, but soon that will all change. I am ready for that change, but it came sooner than I thought. For 37 weeks I have been pregnant, but in reality it hasn't felt that long! Okay, so maybe the last few weeks have dragged on because Natalia is running out of room and I am running out of energy to put a dang pair of socks on! But, I am over come with joy to finally meet this little miracle that has taken up residency in my body. I am ready to wake up in the morning and not have to worry about making it to the sink in time. I am scared about the unknown of labor and delivery. Sure I know what might happen, what could happen, or what will in fact happen. But, I am or try to be organized and I am planner. I plan out what I am going to wear at night for the next day, I plan out lunch the night before, I plan out weekends, weeks in advance. The fact that this is one event in our lives that I can't plan really makes me a tad bit nervous. ALL of the bags are packed, the pillows, the snack bag for my mom and Dan, the blood cord box, the relaxing music, and the car seat are all set to go. This is just one time that I will have to fly by the seat of my pants and I will be quite honest, I don't like it!!! So, Natalia can you give mommy a heads up when you think you might come? Didn't think so, but it was worth a shot.

We had some friends over for dinner on Sunday and there was some straightening up that needed to be done, nothing major and I got yelled at for getting on the floor and dusting! Granted I had to bend really low and practically squish Natalia (she was not harmed in any way) but Dan got really upset with me and told me to sit down and relax and he will take care of everything. He told me to take advantage of him saying that because soon I won't have that luxury of just sitting back and relaxing. So, that is what I did. It was very nice!! After everyone left and we were able to relax he gave me the most incredible massage ever. My back was in desperate need of it, and he knew it somehow. Thank you Dan!!!!

Okay, well after that post I feel much better and I think I am going to update my address book so when announcements are ready to go out, I will be able to just slap a label on the envelopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment