Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Identity

Last week our church had 4 night of VBS!  It was a lot of fun and very exhausting.  Natalia came with me 2 nights and assisted in the babysitting class.  Some of the girls in that class happened to be in my photography class, so they were able to meet Natalia.  They came to the class and told me how cute she was.

As the parents were picking up their kiddos, one of the girls walked by and I heard her say to her mom, "That's Natalia's mom!!!!"

I knew the day would come when I would go from Beth, to Mrs. Harkness, to Mrs. Beth, to Natalia's (Leona's) mom.  But, I thought it would be when she was in kindergarten.  I sat back after hearing that, and thought about it.

It is an absolute honor and privilege to be called Natalia's mom.  So, when I hear that again from the girls at church or our neighbor boy, I will smile and say, "Yes, I am Natalia's mom," and make sure that Natalia knows how happy I am to be her mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment