Sunday, October 28, 2012

Years From Now. . . .

I like to think I am a good planner.  I am semi organized and pay attention to details.  I like to be in control of certain situations and the older I get, and the longer I am a mommy, I realize there are some situations I am not able to 100% control.

In my mind our Christmas card pictures would be flawless and the girls would be smiling and we would be told how wonderful we were to work with.

Not. The.Case. For 2012.

We arrive 5 minutes early (which is always good when you have a toddler and infant) in time to change an accident and comb some hairs.

I brought Thomas and baby for the off chance they might have 2 people helping with pictures considering there is only one camera for the location we were at, but not so.  The extra workers just sat around talking about the latest movies out.  (HELLO, help us get these girls to smile PppppLllllEeeeeAaaaSsssEeeee?!

After all of the shots were taken, poses were struck, and tears were wiped we were able to relax and get to ready to view our portraits.

Do you want this package that is twice the amount of your house payment for the month. . . .ah no thanks.  We just want to use the Groupon and get these girls some dinner.

We had narrowed it down to 3 pictures that we both liked.  Then, it was down to 2.

One was a traditional you stand here, he puts his arm here and the girls don't look at the right time.

OR

I hold one girl, you hold the other. One girl has a semi smile on her face and the other is in a daze from being tossed around like a sack of potatoes. But, included in the picture is the most favorite TOY(did you find it??) of the oldest girl, which in years from now will be something to look back on.

The second choice makes me tear up and so very happy that Dan and I were able to immediately agree that we needed that for our picture package pose.

Merry Christmas from The Harkness Family 2012 :)
(There now I don't have to send you a card, right??  Just kidding.)

In one month this sweet girl will be ONE year old.  That was the fastest year of my entire life.  But, the other day when it was super windy, I decided to head to a local park with the girls and captured some pictures that just melt my heart.  What do ya think??  


Having fun in the leaves. It took her a while to figure out the whole throwing multiple leaves, but she got it!!!

One little monkey sitting in a tree. . . . 

I took this picture for the sole purpose to see how long her lashes are in pictures, and goodness gracious.  Women pay good money for lashes like that!!!  Heart breaker on our hands for sure!


Time to say goodnight and another post will be up soon. . . . .

Blessings,
Beth

(Leave some love in the comment box.)

2 comments:

  1. Now you have the picture grasshopper. No matter how much planning and hopin and prayin you do one of those babies will throw a monkey wrench into your plans. Like my mama would say "This is life">Stuff happens and we will survive. I look at you and I am so proud of you and am so blessed that you are the mommy of my grandbabies. The day we have this all figured out to perfection we will be in heaven!!!!! love you baby girl.OTTO OTTO

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOM! You made me cry!!!! :) Thank you. I learned from the best. Love y9ou! OTTO OTTO

    ReplyDelete